While working for an agency in the UK I worked directly with the UK arm of the eHarmony Group and helped them to create an Australian sub-brand for their brand. They were expanding to create an Australian website and needed to optimise the copy on the site for a new audience.
- As an Australian I had a good understanding of the sort of colloquialisms that they should use and so I helped to create their tone of voice document which was unique to the Australian market.
- I planned and executed a content strategy involving on-site blog content, off-site third party blog sites around the theme of Christmas gift-giving for new couples along with infographic gift guides.
- Liaised with content writers and designers to create infographics, blog posts and feature articles related to dating during the Christmas period.
- Content ideation around Melbourne versus Sydney styles of dating and other Australian oriented content around regional Australian areas (wine region in SA).
- Collaborated with the digital engagement team to create Australian relevant PPC ad content and landing pages for driving conversions.
- The eHarmony Christmas infographic gift guide was incredibly successful in terms of organic sharing and actually made it to the reddit front page at one stage. It was reused in subsequent seasonal campaigns by eHarmony and on their social media in the years following.
- The high quality on-site blog resulted in an increase in web traffic to the regional AU eHarmony site and was used in conversion rate optimisation for increasing sign-ups on the site. Here’s an example of a post I did for eHarmony.
- The eHarmony team saw the editorial tone of voice consulting as helpful in the creation of the Australian sub-site and useful in targeting the new site to a new audience in a meaningful and authentic way.
eHarmony Christmas Gift-Giving Guide
First draft of the infographic went something like this…
The final designed version…